|Tryout Informational Parent Meeting:
This meeting is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as the agenda items listed below will be discussed and all tryout forms will be distributed.
Wednesday, March 7th MTHS Cafeteria 7:00-8:00PM
Tryout Flyer 2018-19
Tryout Meeting Agenda:
- Tryout Procedures
- Program Expenses – Uniforms, Summer Camp, Spirit Attire, and Choreography/Music
- Parent Participation – Fundraising
- Academic Eligibility and Behavior
- Handout of Required Forms for tryouts
- Attendance at all five days of tryouts is mandatory unless excused by a coach.
- Monday through Friday April 9th – 13th 6:30-8:30 PM
- Monday the 9th sign in at 6:00
- Location: Small Gym or TBD
- Attire: Shorts, T-Shirt, (no tank tops), Athletic Shoes, Bow
In Order to Attend Tryouts, Candidates Must Provide/have at the April 9th Sign-In:
- Cheer candidates must have a 2.0 on their TERM 3 FINAL report card to be eligible to try out. Progress Reports will also be taken under consideration.
- Cheerleaders will be invited to try out on the 13th based on prescreened grades/attendance/discipline.
- Completed and signed Cheer Handbook Agreement
- Completed Emergency Information Card
The entire tryout process is closed to spectators.
Only coaches, administration, judges, and staff are allowed during tryouts.
- Breakdown of program expenses will be discussed a t the parent meeting.
- There will be summer practices.
- Summer camp date TBD.
- Teams will be selected upon the following criteria: grades/attendance/discipline, and an evaluation from the tryouts.
- Varsity and JV cheerleading is a two season sport (fall/winter). Athletes are encouraged to play Spring Sports.
- Physical fitness is involved in the cheer program at MTHS and there will be a summer conditioning program.
- High school cheerleading is not run like a youth program. Parental participation is encouraged; however final decisions are made by the coordinator/coaching staff.
- Please direct all further questions to Coach Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org.